[erlang-questions] Edoc href problem with '&'

Ali Yakout ali.yakout@REDACTED
Tue Nov 11 12:51:54 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to place a link in my overview.edoc that contains the '&'
character
the overview.edoc contains something like <a
href="http://mysite.com/url?docno=&objectId=09004cff82bf1356&action=curr
ent&format=pdf
<http://mysite.com/url?docno=&objectId=09004cff82bf1356&action=current&f
ormat=pdf> ">Link</a>

$ gmake doc
    overview.edoc: at line 8: error in XML parser: {fatal,
                             {error_scanning_entity_ref,
                                 {file,file_name_unknown},
                                 {line,11},
                                 {col,109}}}.
    edoc: error in doclet 'edoc_doclet': {'EXIT',error}.

I tried to replace the '&' with the xml code \&
<a
href=http://mysite.com/url?docno=\&objectId=09004cff82bf1356\&ac
tion=current\&format=pdf
<http://mysite.com/url?docno=\&objectId=09004cff82bf1356\&action
=current\&format=pdf> >Link</a>

The edoc then succeeds but the link is unusable :(
It appears in the html like
http://mysite.com/url?docno=\&objectId=09004cff82bf1356\&action=
current\&format=pdf
<http://mysite.com/url?docno=\&objectId=09004cff82bf1356\&action