[erlang-questions] Idiom for multiple case matches

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Nov 7 17:52:24 CET 2008

It's slower, true, but both are fairly fast*, and the lists:member/2
solution is also very concise.

* I ran a small benchmark. On the given machine, Robert's
solution took ca 0.05 usec/call, while Mats's solution took
ca 0.09 usec/call (on average, iterating 1000 over the set of
vowels "aeiouyAEIOUY"). Using the smaller set "aeiouy",
Robert's code still took 0.05 usec/call, while Mats's code
used 0.08 usec.

BR,
Ulf W