[erlang-questions] Learning Erlang from the Armstrong book

David Mitchell monch1962@REDACTED
Wed Nov 5 06:33:33 CET 2008

I don't have the book handy at the moment so I can't check the panel
you're referring to, but I can't recall having problems learning
Erlang from Joe's book.  I knew of Erlang's existence, and I'd been
reading *about* it for a while, but I'd never encountered Erlang code
before I opened the book for the first time.

I struggled with OTP because it wasn't covered (much) in the book, but
I thought the coverage of the Erlang language itself was very good.
In particular, I don't recall any problem running the examples,
although I probably didn't try every single one.

Dave M.