[erlang-questions] Fwd: run program from commandprompt? define function?

David Budworth dbudworth@REDACTED
Sat May 31 20:30:04 CEST 2008

Forgot to reply-all, here it is again:

c(tut) will look in the current directory.  So if you moved it to bin, you
should run erl from there or do:cd("bin").

from the shell
as for defining functions from the shell, I don't believe you can define
normal module:function/arity style functions like in your tut.erl (that
function being tut:double/1)

but you can define fun's from the shell and call them, example:
1> Double = fun(X) -> 2 * X end.
#Fun<erl_eval.6.13229925>
2> Double(5).
10
3>

the difference here is you have to make anonymous functions and bind them to
variables.  so they won't look quite the same as from a source file where
you use lowercase atom names.

make sense?