[erlang-questions] On selective receive (Re: eep: multiple patterns)

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat May 31 09:36:33 CEST 2008

Actually, I assume that in just about all cases where you
have a process that needs selective receive semantics,
it's probably perfectly ok to set a low limit on the maximum
length of the message queue. A buffering process could
be placed in front of it, which might also normally do
dispatch. It would not use selective receive, and so wouldn't
suffer much from a large message queue.

BR,
Ulf W