[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Yariv Sadan yarivsadan@REDACTED
Thu May 29 08:39:34 CEST 2008

I've been using MySQL for Vimagi (http://vimagi.com) and haven't had
any problems. ErlyDB makes working with MySQL very easy -- just as
easy as Mnesia (if not easier in some cases) in terms of APIs. The
main reasons I went with MySQL are that I didn't want to deal with
fragmentation and dets repair times (yes, I know it wouldn't really
affect an app such as Twoorl, but I've already gotten into the mindset
of avoiding dets).

I actually wouldn't mind offering Mnesia as an alternate data store if
someone wants to implement it :)

Yariv