[erlang-questions] Erlang and Stock Market Datafeed.

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue May 27 10:31:32 CEST 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 1:37 AM, Gene Sher wrote:

> How would you aproach this (how for example to allow a program to work
> directly with scottrader, or Etrader...) or at least where to start?

I suspect that scottrader and etrader do not allow you to interact
with their servers directly. You probably need to interact with a DLL
or some such that may let you talk to a local socket.

Contrast this with the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) that lets you
receive multicast data over a VPN directly off of their servers, as
well as send orders via FIX/FAST.

I think you would need to post a bit more detail about the scottrade
and etrade interfaces that you are working with.

	-joel

--
wagerlabs.com