[erlang-questions] something is looping, but can't figure out where.

Howard Yeh hayeah@REDACTED
Sun May 25 23:23:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

Earlier I was having problem with not getting the shell prompt back
after a computation (with something looping & consuming memory).
Putting the computation in a process seemed to have solved the
problem.

Now I am getting looping behaviour again. I am pretty sure my
computation is not looping, since it raises an error (previously I
could see the returned result). This time I have a timeout to kill the
linked computation process after 10 seconds.

After looping for 10 seconds, the computation process is killed, and i
get the shell prompt back. But something keeps looping (pegs CPU, but
consumes no memory).

Does c:i() list all the processes? Looking at the reduction counts,
nothing is increasing except the shell related processes. But those
processes are only reducing my sending the i() command.

I am really confused.

Howard