[erlang-questions] cost of integrating 3rd party SW

Edwin Fine erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED
Sat May 24 16:47:24 CEST 2008

I just wish that linked-in drivers were easier to implement. Ports are not
always appropriate. Having done a few integrations using Ruby's equivalent
of the LID, Erlang's was a bit of a shock to the system when I wanted to add
a simple CRC-16 routine in C. I eventually got it done, but it was a
comparative pain in the a**.

Edwin Fine