[erlang-questions] Multiple UDP receivers and senders

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri May 23 16:29:36 CEST 2008

2008/5/23  <alexd@REDACTED>:
> Chandru <chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED> wrote on 23/05/2008
> 14:27:53:
>

>> 2008/5/23  <alexd@REDACTED>:
>> > Also, does anybody know if it is possible to open a UDP socket in one
>> > Erlang process, receiving UDP messages in that process, whilst
>> > simultaneously sending UDP messages from the same port in a different
>> > Erlang process?
>> >

>> Yes - this is possible.
>
> Great!
>
> Do I need to do something special? Currently, I get {error, closed} when I
> try it.
>
> I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm in two different Erlang VMs here,
> rather than different Erlang processes in the same VM.

Ah, I see. I don't think this is supported. I vaguely remember a
discussion about something related on the mailing list a while ago,
but a search did not reveal it.

Chandru