[erlang-questions] Relocating Erlang installation on Windows?

Johan Holmberg <>
Wed May 21 20:42:14 CEST 2008

I had hoped that a Windows installation of Erlang could be moved to
another place in the filesystem and still work. But I just found out
that a file "erl.ini" contains absolute paths to the original
installation directory.

I wonder if there is some way of getting the installation "position

And are there other places beside the "erl.ini" file where absolute
paths to the original installation directory are stored?

I want to be able to check in an Erlang installation in for example
Subversion, and have users check out the directory tree *without*
requiring each user to place the files in the same place in the

/Johan Holmberg