[erlang-questions] rsync-like function in Erlang?

Johan Holmberg johan556@REDACTED
Sat May 17 23:33:30 CEST 2008

Hi!

I have a number of Erlang-nodes running on different physical
machines. I want each node to have a local copy of the same directory
tree. Is there any existing Erlang-library that can do this?

The erlang nodes I use can be on either Linux or Windows.

I don't need an actual "rsync clone", just something that can make
sure two directory trees on different machines stay in sync. And I
would prefer that small changes to one of the trees were detected fast
(like in rsync(1) or unison(1)).

I realize that one solution would be to build some kind of wrapper in
Erlang around rsync(1) or unison(1) (maybe such a thing already
exist?) But I would prefer a pure Erlang solution if possible.

/Johan Holmberg