[erlang-questions] Change in garbage collector behavior?

Matthew Dempsky matthew@REDACTED
Fri May 16 22:41:40 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Matthew Dempsky <matthew@REDACTED> wrote:
> No it's not.  It's 30 cons cells.  I have plenty of memory for that.

Doing some more testing, it seems this is only a problem at the shell.
 If I spawn a separate process from the shell to call F(30) and hold
onto the result, I don't have any GC issues.

Maybe the shell changed to involve multiple processes and now flattens
data structures (or maybe I'm hallucinating about being able to do
this kind of stuff at the shell before)?

Either way, my original concern is nullified.  Sorry for the noise.