[erlang-questions] otp application organization

Bernhard Damberger bernied@REDACTED
Fri May 16 09:27:38 CEST 2008

I am trying to understand how to organize some otp based code I am thinking
of writing. I have WSDL for SOAP that has about 10 API calls which each take
a fair number of parameters and do a significant chunk of work.

What is the best way to organize this?

Do I create one gen_server per SOAP call to handle each different request?

Or do I create one gen_server for all the SOAP calls and do some sort of
dispatch internally?

What is the granularity that the gen_server should have?

In the former case it seems to me, an application then becomes a collection
of gen_servers which are all started up together?

Another question which is about Yaws. For this kind of application does it
make sense to have Yaws run the application, or to have it embedded in the
application?

Any hints or advice on the "standard" way to organize otp applications and
the granularity of various behaviors are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

_bernhard