[erlang-questions] faxien dead?

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Fri May 2 19:26:32 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Christopher Vance <cjsvance@REDACTED> wrote:
> In the erlyverse, there appears to be lots of fragmentation and ideas,
>  with competing projects for collections, etc., but they all seem to
>  peter out before too long.
>
>  Should we expect faxien eventually to catch up to a current erts, or
>  is it (faxien) not worth the effort anyway?

Faxien and erlware in general is far from dead. Our dev list is active
and all the projects are continually developed. We are getting ready
to do our 1.0 release here in the next week or so. At that time faxien
will be bumped. While it was in beta are concentrating on adding
features and stabilizing the system not necessarily being up on the
latest version of erts. When we do this release we will make a
commitment to getting up on the latest erts as it comes out.  This is
all pretty obvious just by looking at the mailing list archives.

>  The promise of an OTP builder is nice, given the effort it took to
>  make my builds work on a combination of OSs, and my hopes for platform
>  independence, but the erlang in my environment is too new for faxien
>  to cope with.

Wait a week or so ;)