[erlang-questions] what is the correct syntax to spawm a MFA with no arguments?

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu May 1 20:40:16 CEST 2008

Edwin Fine wrote:
> Unfortunately, although your comment is in the latest errata of Joe's
> book (thank you!), Pragmatic Programmers has not yet updated the PDF for
> Programming Erlang. When they do, perhaps the prevalence of this myth
> (which I did not know was a myth until about 10 minutes ago :) will be
> reduced. I find it hard to understand how such an error could have made
> it through the book review process, which is usually very good with
> PragProg.

Well, A) as we've noted, not many people have grasped this detail (not
even Joe - the implementation of funs were not finalized until after
he had left Ericsson), and B) I didn't read that part of the book before
it was published, shame on me. I don't want to slag off Joe here; it's
hard to keep track of what's going on with a language implementation
when you're not involved on that technical level anymore. I ought to
have read all of it, but I only found time to review the chapters on
sequential programming. I hope it can be fixed in the next edition.

     /Richard