[erlang-questions] Slave nodes without proxied I/O?

David King dking@REDACTED
Thu May 1 20:34:01 CEST 2008

> By default, nodes started as slave nodes with slave:start/1 have their
> I/O proxied through the master node that started them. (That is, I/O
> operations done with the 'file' module are done on the master's
> filesystem, not the slaves').
> Is there any way to turn this off?

Given the lack of response here, I'll assume that there isn't an easy
to to turn it off.

Barring that, is there a way to kill the 'file' server on the slave
(which is just a proxy-process, that passes its messages to the 'file'
server on the master), and ask it to re-create a new non-proxied server?