[erlang-questions] Erlang/YAWS vs Free Pascal/Xitami

J partdavid@REDACTED
Thu Mar 27 18:20:05 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Michael Campbell
<michael.campbell@REDACTED> wrote:
>  I see this charge levied often, but have YET to see a single blog post, nor
>  talk to anyone who actually codes in a dynamic language point to a single
>  "difficult to track" bug that was due to a mis-used type.

This is a "toy" example, but in Perl I made this mistake (again) just yesterday:

my $thing = get_somestuff(...);

And of course it really needed to be my ($thing) or my @thing or my
(@thing). "Difficult to track" is relative, but by the time this all
bubbled up into a failure it took a silly amount of time to identify
(a half hour or an hour).

-j