[erlang-questions] automatic garbage collection when low memory?

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Mar 26 17:30:23 CET 2008

Convey Christian J NPRI <ConveyCJ@REDACTED> writes:

> I've got a program that crashes unless I explicitly call erlang:garbage_collect() at certain points.  I'm pretty sure the problem is that I'm running out of memory simply because the garbage collector isn't running often enough.

Do you use R11B or R12B?

Does your code use a lot of binaries or big integers?

R12B will do garbage collections more frequently when doing calculations with
big integers than R11B.

/Bjorn