[erlang-questions] .appup code_change timeout error

Michael FIG fig@REDACTED
Mon Mar 24 18:47:28 CET 2008

Hi, all...

I'm using a .appup file that uses an instruction like the following:

 {update, mymod, {advanced, []}}

Unfortunately, running the code_change function takes longer than 5 seconds (it modifies many on-disk files), which causes the upgrade process to fail with a timeout error.  I looked through the documentation, but the only specifiable update timeout is for the suspend, not for the code_change.  (I tried this:
 {update, mymod, 60000, {advanced, []}, brutal_purge, brutal_purge, []}
but it failed with the same timeout.)

Is there a way I can increase the time that the code_change can run, or are there workarounds that other of you have used for this situation?

Thanks,

--
Michael FIG <fig@REDACTED>, PMP
MarkeTel Multi-Line Dialing Systems, Ltd.