[erlang-questions] Oddity from erlc (R12B-1), can't read a .rel file.

Jay Nelson jay@REDACTED
Sat Mar 22 23:07:37 CET 2008

The .rel file is used if you want to make a 'release' or a 'target
system'.  It lists all the dependencies so they can be bundled up
into a single tar.gz file for deployment.  You would only need this
for distributing software to other machines, other customers or for
embedded deployment.

Look in the OTP System Principles manual.  This section is specific
to .rel files:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/system_principles/part_frame.html

jay