[erlang-questions] Erlang Garbage Collection

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Fri Mar 21 14:05:55 CET 2008

Mark Mzyk wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I've recently finished reading several articles on garbage collection
> in general and a bit on garbage collection in Java.  I was curious if
> any one knows how Erlang garbage collection works, or where I could
> potentially find out?  I'm especially curious if Erlang, with it's
> focus on concurrency, has an special garbage collection issues it has
> to deal with.

You'll find several papers on the HiPE site that go into details
about the garbage collection in Erlang (it's not always obvious
from the titles, though).

http://www.it.uu.se/research/group/hipe/publications.shtml

     /Richard