[erlang-questions] erlang *****

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Mar 20 05:16:12 CET 2008

I had a lengthy response to this, but sat on it for half an hour.
Alpár Jüttner is treating normally sloppy use of language (well,
not that normal for me, I blame it on the painkillers) as if it
were intended to be mathematically precise.  I don't feel that
any further debate on the subject is going to help anyone, so I'm
pulling out of the thread.

However, I would like to say that I have found a very neat way
to cast any instance of 3-sat as a pattern matching problem with
disjunctions.  Each clause turns into a disjunction of 7 tuple
patterns, each with the three variables and three wild-cards,
so the translation is not just polynomial, it's linear.