[erlang-questions] Rest wrong, Append instead of PUT?

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Mon Mar 17 15:42:59 CET 2008

Hi,

I was just reading that at the recent Qcon that Joe Armstrong said in
one of the talks that Rest was wrong and PUT should be disallowed and
there should instead be an APPEND. The description was no more
detailed than that. I'm supposing that this reflects some particular
part of Erlang philosophy, probably somebody (or even Joe himself)
would be able to describe why this should be so? I'm just interested
in reading the particular argument which will probably be
enlightening.

Best Regards,
Bryan Rasmussen