[erlang-questions] How to the a ets table is exists or not ?

tatezhou@REDACTED tatezhou@REDACTED
Mon Mar 17 05:09:33 CET 2008

Code pieces " Ret = ets:new(client_cmd_hooks, [named_table])" is just a example.

In actuall evnviroments, We need to create different type tables. Some of them  is public  , which means all procees can access it. It is like "golbal variable" . Some of them is owned by specific process.

For the public table, The best design is to create them in the supervised process who will star child module, so all the child modlue can access the table.

But some times, i need to follow the orginal design structure, so , i have to create public table in child module for avoiding change the "parent" level code. If the "create table" code wrote in child modlue, it may be execute more than one time and cause error when the table alread exists.

Any ideas for this issue?

Yes ,