[erlang-questions] Distributed Erlang ... alternate port?

Mike Berrow mberrow1@REDACTED
Sun Mar 16 23:25:27 CET 2008

Is there a way to run distributed erlang through an alternate port ?
e.g.
If I start the server side like so:

erl -name bilbo2@REDACTED:4379 -setcookie abc
then
(bilbo2@REDACTED:4379)1> kvs:start().

Then I want to be able to do something like the following on the client side:
(gandalf2@REDACTED)2> rpc:call('bilbo2@REDACTED:4379', kvs,store, [weather,
[finest,2319]]).

OK, here is the reason I am trying this:
I am setting up ssh tunnels to remote machines (including running UDP over extra TCP tunnels using
'socat' relaying on both sides)
I know erlang needs both TCP and UDP on port 4369 normally.

Is there any way to configure it to use other ports?
If  so, I would like to treat all the 'remote' nodes as if they were on the local machine
(just spread amongst different local ports) and let the underlying ssh links handle my security and
encryption .

-- Mike Berrow