[erlang-questions] erlang sucks

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Thu Mar 13 10:35:17 CET 2008

On 13 Mar 2008, at 08:53, KatolaZ wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 01:47:27PM +0100, Mats Cronqvist wrote:
>

> Maybe it is due to the fact that most of them know C/C++/Java/Python.
> Maybe Erlang syntax is not so intuitive and easy as one could expect
> from a modern and powerful languages.
> Maybe because the standard library is not so rich and not so
> consistent as expected from a mature language.

As someone who learned Erlang before C or Java my observation was
quite the opposite. I found the Erlang syntax to be extremely simple
and elegant, and that it was very easy to express the meaning of the
code. I find C/Java Syntax ugly and unnatural.

Erlang syntax didn't spring from nowhere. I bet Prolog programmers
find it quite comfortable :-)

Sean