[erlang-questions] Removed deprecated functions

Fredrik Svahn fredrik.svahn@REDACTED
Thu Mar 13 09:32:19 CET 2008

>  Does anybody know of _anything_ that has been removed, ever?

Yes, depending on what you include in anything :-). See
http://erlang.org/doc/incompatible.html for some examples:

# The ets:fixtable/2 function, which has been deprecated for several
releases, has been removed.

The OTP team are however very very careful and functions usually are
marked as deprecated (with compiler warnings I believe) for several
releases before they go. There are usually very good technical grounds
for removing things. I cannot recall that it has ever been a problem
for us.

BR /Fredrik