[erlang-questions] Erlang Syntax - again

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 23:03:16 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2008, at 12:05 am, Christian S wrote:
>  > Would it be possible to create a pattern matching syntax for some kind
>  > of association map?
>
>  Yes it would.  Joe Armstrong and I have both produced such designs.
>  I don't know how he intends his to be implemented, but mine manages
>  to be sufficiently memory-efficient in the usual case to completely
>  replace existing uses of records, while still being flexible.  It is
>  *definitely* EEP time.

I've been looking around for what you have in mind. This one suggests
some major changes:
http://www.cs.otago.ac.nz/staffpriv/ok/frames.pdf

This one seem very doable, to the point that I want them already:
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200509/msg00329.html