[erlang-questions] Throughput on Yaws 1.68 / OTP R11B-3 / Suse Linux 10.2?

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Mon Mar 10 12:47:02 CET 2008

Just an update for the archives in case others come across this problem
in the future. We solved it by writing our own http client, after not
having seen any performance degradation with tsung.

The bottle neck was not in the inets driver, but in both ibrowse and the
inets http client, both of which did not preform that well when scaling
up to 1000s of simultaneously open socket connections on the same node
(It was misleading as the http client was running at 2 - 3 % CPU while
ibrowse was at 100%). Chandru has forwarded us an updated version of
ibrowse which we will test soon.

Regards,
Francesco
--