[erlang-questions] packages (was: newbie: why c.erl is special?)

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Thu Mar 6 21:29:32 CET 2008

On 3/6/08, Sean Hinde <sean.hinde@REDACTED> wrote:
>  One of the worst aspects of this would be the endless traversing up
>  and down interminable directory hierarchies. Soon we would need a full
>  IDE just to help us find the definition of a module in the filesystem.

YES! I was about to point out the same thing, and I'm very glad to
know I'm not alone in my thinking. Java's abuse of the filesystem in
this manner is very annoying, for example, and pushing Erlang to that
model would be a huge mistake IMO.

--steve