[erlang-questions] packages (was: newbie: why c.erl is special?)

Lövei László lovei@REDACTED
Thu Mar 6 09:59:05 CET 2008

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:21:30PM -0600, David Mercer wrote:
>> }  If this is what everyone seems to want, why hasn't the package
>> notation
>> }  caught on?
>>
> But *is* it what everyone wants?

It seems to me (after reading the list archive) that everyone wants
this, only some people want even more. But this notation is here, and it
works, only some encouragement is missing for it to become widespread
(like mentioning it in the reference manual and the tutorial).

Personally I would very much like it to be an officially supported
feature (with related bugs fixed). Maybe that would make way for later
enhancements too.

Laszlo