[erlang-questions] newbie: why c.erl is special?

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Wed Mar 5 20:28:08 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:21:30PM -0600, David Mercer wrote:
}  If this is what everyone seems to want, why hasn't the package notation
}  caught on?

A very good question.  There have been very few user contributions
written with packages.  Package support is not official yet either.
So we seem to have a chicken and egg situation.  If it were supported
folks would adopt it.  If folks adopted it it would get supported.

There were arguments against the concept however.  I'll leave it
to the CS types to argue that one.  I found packages really useful
to handle authentication plugins in a project I did several years ago.

	-Vance