[erlang-questions] [eeps] EEP 9

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Tue Mar 4 17:52:21 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 17:15 +0100, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> EEP 9 is recognized by the EEP editor(s).
>
> http://www.erlang.org/eeps/

Overall, good show.  This is progress in a very good direction.  A
couple of questions:

1) Can the reference implementation be made available publicly as a
patch to R12B-1?  (Or actually in any fashion would be great.)

2) Which algorithm was choosen for the binary:match()?  For multiple
keyword, Aho-Corasick would be great, especially if the interface was
something like this:

    MatchContext = binary:match_compile( [<<"the">>, <<"big">>,
    Value = <<"when we had a frog, he was big">>,
    [{3, 14}, {2, 27}] = binary:match( MatchContext, Value )

Where the result tuples were keyword # and byte offset.

More comments later, once I have some more time to consider the rest of
the document.

--

paul