[erlang-questions] hipe binary matching problem with R12B-1?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Tue Mar 4 08:58:35 CET 2008

Hi Valentin and others,

It is not at all safe to assume thar R11 is the safest bet for Linux.
When it comes to R11 there are a  few bugs found in the runtime system
for example regarding SMP and 64 bit which are corrected in R12 (but
not in R11, and will not be by us).
There are also lots of improvements in R12.
I don't think there has been any major stability problems with R12
that should make users hesitate to use it in products.
I admit that there has been a number of problems but mostly not with
impact on stability.

I think you are fooling yourselves if you take the defensive approach.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team Ericsson