[erlang-questions] Erlang message passing delay after abnormal network disconnection

Eranga Udesh eranga.erl@REDACTED
Tue Mar 4 08:15:31 CET 2008

The problem occurs when the network connectivity is broken (abnormally). The
receiving node is not receiving messages. The sending  processes are
blocked, since those message delivery calls (gen_event:notify/s, etc) are
waiting for about 10 secs to return. We checked the implementation of such
calls and notice, the functions are waiting until the messages are delivered
to the receiving node. Is there's a way (a system flag may be) to avoid such
blocking and to return immediately?

BRgds,
- Eranga