[erlang-questions] hipe binary matching problem with R12B-1?

Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Sat Mar 1 16:35:54 CET 2008

Errr... I've made a mistake -- been using wrong e-mail to ask the question.
There was a similar thread "Binary pattern matching inconsistencies with
R12B", which described situations causing segmentation faults due to, as
you've put it -- GC issues in BEAM. That particular correspondence makes a
reference to Linux, and I've been trying to ask if anybody noticed similar
problems (segmentation fault) on Solaris. By the same token, I've been
asking if R11 is still safer (considering GC problems you've been
mentioning) choice for Linux. Mind you, I think that compiler bugs are just
a matter of inconvenience -- BEAM bugs, on the other hand, are matter of
survival ;-).

Once again my apologies. Did not mean to criticize HiPE -- in fact, I've
never used it, so how could I?
Hoping you'll find this a reasonable explanation: could you, or anyone from
development team answer these two questions, now put in a proper context?

V.