[erlang-questions] Project volunteers
Mon Jun 30 11:50:17 CEST 2008
I've been at the erlang exchange and come back with a headful of ideas.
I have an idea for a fun project.
Make an offline stand-alone version of the wikipedia for places
without internet access.
Distribute to the world.
I thought to use the following:
Jobs to do:
- convert wikipedia dumps (mySQL format) to coutchDB
- make rendering engine to convert wiki text to HTML
- compress data dumps to make entiore wikipedia as small as possible
- shoehorn into a low-power "one laptop for every child" computer
- make distruibution package
- release manager (set up groups)
- write documentation
More information about the erlang-questions