[erlang-questions] adding slashes for special chars

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Wed Jun 25 13:36:55 CEST 2008

It is little bit difficult. In regexp you have to escape backslash and
secondary must escape backslash for erlang parser but for substituting
string you have to only escape for erlang parser. Weird, so ...

5> {ok, T, _} = regexp:gsub("qwert\\asdf", "\\\\", "\\\\").
{ok,"qwert\\\\asdf",1}
6> io:format("~s~n", [T]).
qwert\\asdf
ok

2008/6/25 Andrey Shnayder <camuig@REDACTED>:

> Hi, Erlang team.
> I want to add slashes before some characters in a string - single quote,
> double quote, backslash.
> I have not found any function that implement this, therefore I use
> regexp:gsub function, but I have a trouble with backslashes:
>
> *69> regexp:gsub("qwert\\asdf", "\\", "\\\\").
> {error,{unterminated,"\\"}}*
>
> May you help me, please?

--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil