[erlang-questions] : ODBC library - link check failed on mac leopard

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov@REDACTED
Wed Jun 25 09:43:31 CEST 2008

Hello!

2008/6/25 wenew zhang <wenewboy@REDACTED>:
> **********************  APPLICATIONS DISABLED  **********************
> odbc           : ODBC library - link check failed
> i use macports install the erlang,
> but can't start odbc:start().

Very strange, because odbc:start() has nothing to do with actual
connection to ODBC. Looks like you've got broken erlang installation.

> so ,i port install unixodbc and then try config otp_src 12B-3 from source
> code,i got the warning above,
> and then,i install iodbc from source code,
> i still got "ODBC library - link check failed"
> on FreeBSD, use port install erlang will install iodbc automatic,
> how can i make odbc works?

If you want to test ODBC-connection, then you must try to contact ODBC
with isql, firstly. But I suspect that in your case there is a broiken
erlang installation since odbc:start() not working.

BTW what are actual results wen you're trying odbc:start() ?
--
With best regards!