[erlang-questions] Erlang at OSCON 2008 (Portland ErlLounge?)

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Fri Jun 20 20:22:39 CEST 2008

Hi Patrick,

great idea, whatever a BOF is (Definitions I found include Board of
Fisheries, A pear shaped furnace & Birds of Feather)! But an ErlLounge
sounds great. There are quite a few Erlang developers in Portland,
several of which were at the workshop back in 2006. There is also a user
group, but I am not sure how active it is. I'll send out a few emails. I
will be arriving in Portland on the 27th of July, leaving on the 30th.
The 29th would probably be a good day, as it is on the day of the
tutorial. It should also drum up interest for Kevin and Jan's talks.

For those of you thinking of OSCON, the following are the Erlang talks /
events I am aware of:

Jan Lehnardt on Couch DB:
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/detail/2725 (He is also
speaking at the Erlang eXchange next week)
Kevin Scaldaferri on Erlang Concurrency:
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/detail/3065
and me giving a Practical Erlang Programming Tutorial:
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/detail/3373

Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com