[erlang-questions] Dialyzer problems on Windows

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Thu Jun 19 10:24:34 CEST 2008

"Robert Virding" <rvirding@REDACTED> writes:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> I see the benefits of the plt handling but it would be very nice to have a
> default plt containing the standard stuff in a known place which is used
> unless you tell it not to. Users/apps could then have their own plts which
> augment the standard one. Or completely replace it for building special
> apps.

It is non-trivial to implement support for more than one PLT, because
of dependecies between applications.

Therefore Dialyzer only uses a single PLT.

We don't want to have the PLT inside OTP itself (as it was earlier),
because that causes problems if OTP is installed in a read-only
file-system or in Clearcase.

However, we might somehow provide a pre-built PLT that you copy to your
home directory to get started quickly.

/Bjorn