[erlang-questions] Forwarding call from one gen_server to another

Jeroen Koops koops.j@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 23:51:53 CEST 2008

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I was actually passing the From parameter back and
forth without knowing what it was exactly - I just assumed it was a naked
Pid. And I was worried that apparently, gen_server:call accepted a reply
from a process other than the process it sent the request to, opening up the
possibility for the client to interpret any message received as a response.
But now that you mention that From is actually a tuple containing a
reference making the call unique, it all makes sense.

-- Jeroen Koops