[erlang-questions] Socket keepalive option

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 15:26:18 CEST 2008

"Edwin Fine" <erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED> wrote:

>Isn't he asking if there is any way to do this on a per-process basis,
>rather than for every process in the system?

There's no mention of "per-process" in the question, so lacking
telepathic capabilities I have to assume that he isn't - what he *is*
asking is "from erlang code without changing the global system value"
(where "the global system value" is obviously the same as "for every
process in the system"), and that's what my answer covered. Either way,
"per-socket using setsockopt(), and only on Linux" is the only answer I
know of that doesn't involve changing the global system value.

--Per