[erlang-questions] clueless newbie can't compile

John Chandler morph@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 06:59:45 CEST 2008

I thank all who responded.  I reinstalled CEAN, and got this:
====
Eshell V5.5.5  (abort with ^G)
1> cean:install(compile).
compile was not installed. failed to find dependencies: no_pub_file
ok
2>
====

Which is better than what I had been getting before.  I see that I
installed
the Production version, so I guess I'll scorch the earth here again
and re-do
w/the Developer version.  Is that "no_pub_file" message interpretable?

I notice that the full release is in cean_base.tar.gz, (~3MB) whereas
the "cean library" is downloadable from the FAQ page in the file,
cean.tar.gz (113KB).  This smaller file appears to contain different
versions of each of the cean files, and some that do not appear in
cean_base.tar.gz.  Does anyone know if it is advisable to extract
the smaller file over the tree extracted from the larger file?  I would
default to "no," unless things still don't work.

-jmc