[erlang-questions] erlang on windows, cant run module

Circular Function circularfunc@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 03:47:02 CEST 2008

I have the werl.exe in:
"C:\Program Files\erl5.6.2\bin\werl.exe"

where should I then save my file:

Sq = fun(X) -> X*X end.

I have it now in the bin so the same driectory as werl.exe but when I do:
c(square). I get:
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.2 [async-threads:0]

Eshell V5.6.2  (abort with ^G)
1> c(square).
../square.erl:none: no such file or directory
error
2>

--- Den lör 2008-05-31 skrev Edwin Fine <emofine@REDACTED>:
Från: Edwin Fine <emofine@REDACTED>
Ämne: Re: [erlang-questions] run program from commandprompt? define function?
Till: circularfunc@REDACTED
Datum: lördag 31 maj 2008 14.26

You can't define a named function directly in the shell like myfunc() -> ok.. You need to do that in a module.
You *can* define a fun in the shell, for example

Double = fun(X) -> 2 * X end.

Example

Eshell V5.6.2  (abort with ^G)
1> Double = fun(X) -> 2 * X end.
#Fun<erl_eval.6.13229925>
2> Double(2).
4
3>
As for your module named tut.erl, you don't copy it to a bin directory. Just work in the current directory. For example:

$ cat tut.erl
-module(tut).
-export([double/1]).

double(X) ->
    2 * X.
$ erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.2 [source] [64-bit] [smp:4] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6.2  (abort with ^G)
1> c(tut).
{ok,tut}
2> tut:double(2).