[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R12B-3 has been released

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Thu Jun 12 00:16:12 CEST 2008

Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:
> Bug fix release : otp_src_R12B-3
> Build date      : 2008-06-11
>
> This is bug fix release 3 for the R12B release.
>
> You can find the README file for the release at
>
>   http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R12B-3.readme (this file)

I just noticed that the README file reads as follows as far as the hipe
application in R12B-3 is concerned.

--- hipe-3.6.7 ---------------------------------------------------------

     OTP-7388  Minor changes.

It's of course our fault that the README file reads this way -- we are
too busy with other things -- but I just want to point out that the
native code produced by the HiPE compiler in R12B-3 reports precise
exception information (including stacktraces) similar to the exceptions
that the code by the BEAM compiler generates.

This is an important change which has been on our TODO list for far too
long. In my opinion, the main reason to be reluctant to use native code
in applications does not exist any longer. Anyway, the point is that
this is not a "minor change"...

Kostis   (for the HiPE group)