[erlang-questions] US DOD Certification of Erlang?

Adam Wagner adam@REDACTED
Wed Jun 11 16:49:27 CEST 2008

Thanks for the feedback Valintin and Ulf.  I think you're correct that
in my case it's more of an excuse than a legitimate concern.  I know
that there are costs/risks in getting new (uncertified) and
open-source technologies accepted for use on certain
platforms/environments.  However, in this case I think it's reluctance
by management to stray too far from something familiar to their pool
of Java/C++ developers.  I was curious if someone had explicitly dealt
with the certification issue for Erlang, but it's interesting to know
the DoD has (unknowingly?) been using products implemented in Erlang.
I'm planning to do a proof of concept with Erlang and see what I can
get away with.

Thanks again!
- Adam