[erlang-questions] US DOD Certification of Erlang?

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin@REDACTED
Wed Jun 11 17:32:49 CEST 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 10:43 PM, Valentin Micic wrote:

> IMHO, open source may introduce security risks that might be very
> dificult
> to quantify.

Isn't the same true of proprietary systems?

> Maybe a sound approach would be to see if they ever certified
> any open-source environment (how's Java doin', for example) and see
> if it is
> even possible. But I have a strong feeling that DoD would not certify
> something that does not have a "Made in U.S.A." tag, woulld they? ;-)

Haskell / GHC is open source and not really  "Made in the USA".  I'm
not sure of the exact status currently, but I know there are people
working on putting it through the DOD certification process.

-kevin