[erlang-questions] dynamic module compilation

Jacob Perkins japerk@REDACTED
Sun Jun 8 21:12:40 CEST 2008

So I decided to try generating the AST, and got most of the way there. I
don't want to use ets because I don't want to have a process dependency.
I was able to use compile:forms to generate a module and function, but my
function clause isn't correct. The function and clause forms I can get to
compile are:

{function, LINE, strings, 0,
    [{clause, LINE, [], [],
        [{string, LINE, "foo"}, {string, LINE, "bar"}]}]}

But the above form appears to generate

strings() -> "foo", "bar".

when what I really want is

strings() -> ["foo", "bar"].

It's probably a simple fix in the forms, but the obvious change of enclosing
the string literals in another list causes a compile error:

{function, LINE, strings, 0,
    [{clause, LINE, [], [],
        [[{string, LINE, "foo"}, {string, LINE, "bar"}]]}]}

Any help?
Thanks,
Jacob